Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Grateful

I feel grateful for today. An old friend that is no longer my friend told me once "Every time something happens that seems to ruin my life, I just think at least I'm still alive."


Today there was a shooting on 188Th and PAC Highway, Taco Bell at 4pm, and someone died.

MRHS graduate William's car accident. It could have been any of us, my friends or your friends to get hit by a drunk driver.

In retrospect, if these people were to be told that they would die on a certain day, do you think they would live their life the way they did?
If someone told you, you will die when you're twenty years old, would you really give a fuck about grades? Or your SAT scores, what boy is going to text you?



One time me and my best friend got ditched on one of our club nights. Our buddies had to study.
She said to me: "If I died tomorrow morning, I could honestly be happy. Happy that I didn't spend my Friday night doing homework."

I don't really know what I'm trying to say.

No comments: